- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander (cilantro)
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 325g/-12oz Long Grain Rice
- 600ml/20fl.oz. fresh Chicken Stock
- 100g/4oz Frozen Green Peas
- 2 Jalapeno Chili Peppers, cut into very thin strips
1. Place the coriander in a blender together with 120ml/4fl.oz. of Water and process until quite smooth. Pass through a wide meshed strainer to remove the excess water and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chicken, garlic and onion and fry over a medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning from time to time, until the chicken just cooked.
3. Add the reserved blended coriander and the stock and bring to the boil, stirring well.
4. Add the rice and chilies and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes until liquid is almost completely absorbed.
5. Add the peas and continue to cook over low heat for a further 5-10 minutes or until the rice is cooked. This is traditionally served with the chicken completely covered by the rice.