- 1 red pepper
- 2 small red birdseye chillis
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1kg white fish - hake is fine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- plenty of fresh coriander
- A few broad lettuce leaves
- 3 or 4 sweet potatoes
- Either 8-10 Peruvian lemons or
- 1/2pt (250ml) fresh lime juice and 2 'british' lemons
1. Cut the fish into small pieces, chop the garlic and chilli very finely.
2. Leave the fish to marinate in the lemon, lime, garlic and chilli for about 40 mins.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop the coriander and cut the onion and red pepper into thin strips
4. After the initial 40 mins, add the coriander, etc. to the marinade and leave for another 40 mins.
5. Peel and boil the sweet potatoes. Cut in half and leave to cool
6. Finely dice the tomatoes.
7. Once the marinading is finished, retrieve the onion and red pepper and mix with the tomatoes
8. Serve the ceviche and salad on a thin bed of lettuce and spoon the marinade juices on top.
9. Add the cold sweet potatoes to the plate.