- 1 lb sirloin or tenderloin, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 large tomato, cut into strips
- 1 large hot pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Place the cut meat in a bowl or dish, and season it with salt, pepper, a little bit of olive oil, lime juice, and chopped garlic. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Sauté meat over high heat for a few minutes until meat is no longer pink. Lower temperature to medium and add first the onion. Cook, stirring for 1 minute and then stir in the tomatoes and peppers. Cook until the onions are tender.
3. Add the red wine and the cilantro. Cook for one more minute. Serve with white rice.