- 10 medium potatoes (new or red a good choice)
- 1 pound of cheese (romano, Mexican or feta work well)
- 2 small jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 saltine crackers
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- 3 hard cooked eggs
- black olives
1. Cook and peel potatoes and allow to cool.
2. In a blender, mix the cheese, peppers, milk, oil, garlic, crackers, mustard, salt and pepper. The sauce should be fairly thick; add more crackers if not, or add milk is too thick.
3. Lay a bed of lettuce in a serving dish and place the potatoes on top. Cover with the sauce. Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and place on top of the potatoes. Add black olives if desired.
4.This dish can be served slightly cold.