- 1kg/2.2lb Raw Prawns (shrimps), shelled and de-veined
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 3 fresh yellow Ají chili peppers, blended to a paste with a little oil
- 4 tbsp Fresh White Breadcrumbs
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Dry White Wine
- ˝ teasp dried Tarragon
- 1 teasp Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 600ml/20fl.oz. Cream
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the prawns and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until they turn pink. Remove from pan, drain and set aside.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and sauté until soft and transparent.
3. Add the ají paste, breadcrumbs, wine, tarragon and thyme, season with salt and pepper, mix well then bring to a boil and boil steadily for 5 minutes.
4. Add the cream and mix well then add the prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes until heated through. Serve immediately with rice.