- 4 Duck Quarters
- Salt and Pepper
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
- 1 fresh Chili Pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1.1L/40fl.oz. Water
- 180ml/6fl.oz. Beer
- 150g/5oz Green Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 450g/16oz Long Grain Rice
- 60ml/2fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
1. Season duck with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the duck and brown on all sides. Remove the duck from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Reheat the oil then add the garlic, onion and tomato and fry until browned.
3. Add the coriander and chilies and cook for 2 minutes stirring.
4. Return the duck to pan and add the water and beer and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes until duck is almost tender.
5. Add the peas and rice to the pan, season with salt and pepper, stir well and cook for 10 minutes over high heat.
6. Reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until rice is is tender. Serve hot.